View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 08:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/168/133
BF:
Progress: 51%

Coincidence! I've just finished a small bowl of raspberries and mascarpone cheese...

No real desire to smoke today - I can't believe it's almost been a week! Breakfast was 2 fried eggs, 3 rashers of bacon and a large mushroom - then I had a prawn salad at lunchtime, and I'm roasting beef for dinner right now. Will probably have it with salad - though Carl's asked me to make him a Yorkshire Pudding today - first time he'll have had one since February, so I could hardly say no...

Anyway - I've been pretty lenient with myself as far as food goes this week - I haven't worried about portion sizes, and I've had a few luxuries like low-cal chocolate drinks (at 5.5g carbs a time!). So, I'm not weighing until next weekend, and I'm going back to strict Atkins induction levels this coming week.

The exercise has been going quite well, 'cos I find it takes my mind off smoking (or the lack of!) - but again, I'm going to try to increase it this week, to a minimum of 40 mins/10 miles a day on either the exercise bike or - weather willing - the real bike. I am sick of this never-ending rain!

We're having friends round for a wine and cheese (or water and cheese in my case) evening on Tuesday (sounds posh, but it's just a couple of mates coming to watch DVDs and indulge in smelly cheese), and then we're being taken out for dinner on Weds. I'm going to remain on plan throughout! Thursday, we finally get to check out the local gym - Carl's agreed to come with me!

This week I've got to decorate our spare room - my Dad comes here for a week on June 6th, and it has to be finished by then - so will get extra exercise with all the humping, dumping and painting!

So - onward to the second week of being smoke free - I'm SO happy about it!

Jo