Old Tue, Sep-05-06, 10:08
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezia
Hello! I have been a low carber on and off for years. The off of course is what put me back in the mess I am in now - LOL. I did fantastic with Atkins, lost about 50 pounds, and over the last few years I have only gained back about 20 pounds. I am working out now, and thought SB would help with the extra carbs you are allowed. I agree with both plans in that they limit carbs, but I can't do the low fat in SB, or the extra meat and cheese in Atkins, so I am sort of doing my own version of both. I finally lost 5 pounds last week after low carbing. I lost nothing for weeks before that, and that was after watching my calorie intake AND sweating like a pig with a personal trainer. I know and believe 100 percent, that it was due to my CUTTING OUT/SEVERLY LIMITING THE CARBS. Why starve on low calorie diets? Both are great plans, and I agree with everyone that it is what you can stick with that counts.

Judy - love your posts. I was a lurker in the SB forum for the last week. Keep pushing the unprocessed information! I love it, even if it hurts sometimes...

Thanks!!

Good job and figuring out what works for your body!!

A few others are also doing a South Batkins type of plan so know that you are not alone!!