#24   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-18, 04:43

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulo
[B]...a bunch of CICO fundamentalists will chime in with this one, usually with a comment about how overweight people should stop stuffing pizza down their pieholes and get off their fat backsides and move.

It's difficult to argue that this statement isn't true tho. But, I think they are stating something about a symptom - trying to answer "why" instead of "how".

Patient: Dr. I have a terrible itch all over my body that doesn't seem to go away. It itches something terrible!

DR: Stop itching, you may infect the open sores all over your body. I'll prescribe some dermis lotion for you. MAKE SURE TO USE IT EVERY DAY.

The poor girl, unknown to her via ignorance, has been walking thru a poison ivy patch each day to work. Dermis Cream may in-fact solve the "itch" symptom but until she finds another way to work, by new understanding and experimentation or even, by luck, She will continue to spread the cream to abate the itch that's caused by a choice (conscious or unconscious) that's triggered by contact with a plant.

Look backwards from symptoms to conditions and causes, then look further back.