Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 22:11
Wag more, bark less.

Plan: Meat.
Stats: 216/149/145 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_man
thing I got out of the question and answer session afterwards was that protein could raise insulin if enough fat was not present and that some individuals could have an insulin response with the standard green or low carb vegtables, food for thought.

Certainly that turned out to be the case with me -- I stalled at a high weight for two years' total time on very low carb, and only by ditching the plant matter completely could I restart the weight loss. And a lot of that has gone in fits and starts; overall, it's taken me nearly four years of VLC and ZC combined to lose 70 or so pounds.

There are a couple of people I know of, though, for whom even so-called
"zero-carb" doesn't seem to work; they don't lose weight and remain ravenously hungry, putting away enormous rations of meat at each meal. It's as if the body needs a lot more healing before it's ready to surrender its fat stores (I'm partial to the theory that obesity is actually a protective response, like fever or inflammation, that can, of course, become a threat in its own right if the state of emergency goes on long enough). A great deal more research will need to be done into what the issue(s) is/are for people who can't lose.