View Single Post
  #118   ^
Old Sun, May-29-05, 23:14
The Optimist

Plan: LC mutt
Stats: 482/416/250 Female 66"
BF:no/clue/atall
Progress: 28%

I've been doing so well for my first three weeks here and haven't cheated or even been tempted to cheat. Reading this thread has nearly got my tongue lolling onto my keyboard.

I'm curious about why, in all the thousands of posts I have read (no kidding) on this forum in the food section, there is not a lot of discussion about the 'blending' of flour-ish sources, as much as there is about the blending of sweetener sources.

Does blending for example, carbquick and almond meal and vanilla whey protein powder and flax meal together provide some disgusting taste? Because it seems to me that a blend of stuff could save on money, allow a nice mix of cal/carb/texture/nutrients/protein, and you could actually make up a mix once a week of blended stuff and just keep it in the fridge in a plastic bowl... with a scoop... scoop it into your bowl, dump in whatever else and be done. (Come to think of it, if you had a mix of liquids that were common, that could probably be done with them, too.)

If people can eat a little bit of meal'd oats in something, how about the 1-minute superthin oats left as they are (don't they go a lot farther carb-wise in distribution 'cause of their thinness?) with something with chocolate chunks, like one of those nobake cookie flavors? (If I wasn't still in induction and hot for chocolate at the moment I'd try it myself. :-))

oregano, red peppers, chopped pepperoni, and some mozz or pepperjack would be divine in one of these I bet.

A last question, for those of you who've done all this experimenting: Maybe this is a stupid idea... what if you scooped up half the mix, and put an egg (yolk unbroken) there, and then put the rest of the mix on top? Would it cook the egg and you'd cut into it like a molten-lava choc cake except egg? Or does something horrible happen if you put an egg yolk in the microwave?

I love this thread. I'm so grateful to all the people who post their ideas. Even slight diffs and what-didn't-work give new ideas. It's finding edible stuff that is also affordable and fast/easy that is pretty key to keeping people--particularly people new to LC--on the plan.

OM