#109   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 13:40
"Slaying My Demons"

Plan: Keto
Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%
Default Moderate Carb Bowl Muffin

I'm on a high protein, moderate carb, lower fat WOE. I've been following the Bowl Muffin thread for some time now. I finally got it together and got some Atkins Baking Mix. They don't carry CarbQuik at Fred Meyer's up here anymore. This morning I made a very nummy Bowl Muffin. This does have a higher carb count then many of you can afford on the lower carb WOE's. I'm posting this because there will be some people who might be able to fit it into their plan and also because it's fun to see what can be done with a Bowl Muffin. It might also be good for folk who need a carb boost for one reason or another.

Apple Cinnamon Bowl Muffin

24 g. Atkins Bake Mix
20 g. Old Fashioned Oatmeal (blend in coffee grinder)
1 T Flax Seed (blend in coffee grinder)
1/4 t Cinnamon
2 oz grated apple w/peel
1 egg
1 T Caramel Syrup (sugar free)
1/2 t Vanilla
4 drops Splenda Liquid

Blend with enough water to make a thick batter. Nuke until done.
319 calories, 11 g fat (2 sat, 3 poly, 3 mono), 34 carbs, 12 fiber, 24 g protein

I sprayed this with fake butter spray because I had used all of my calories for this meal in the muffin. I then put sugar free maple syrup on it. It was to die for! Really good. The only thing that I might do in the future, that would make it out standing, would be to cut up a few raisins and add them to the batter.

Thank you for sharing all of your ideas. This is a great thread!

Signey