#69   ^
Old Sat, Dec-10-11, 10:00

Plan: Very low carb
Stats: 192.2/160/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez in BR
I know I won't be able to convince my dr. of that ((cholesterol isn't evil.)) I am just hoping to moderately decrease my LDL a little during the next four months by doing what I'm already doing.

I'd also LOVE to have a VAP test so I could have something on paper to show that I have predominantly Pattern A LDL.

I'm not taking a statin, ever. They'll just have to put me down as 'non-compliant.' I just hope my insurance doesn't penalize me.

Just wanted to update this, since it's been a while:

I had a VAP test and it showed, of course, that my LDL was Particle A (large, fluffy, benign) and my endocrinologist was still giving me a hard time because of the total number.

So I had a calcium heart scan, which I had to pay for ($119) and scored a ZERO. My endo was flabbergasted. Really, his mouth opened and closed a few times when I told him. Then he said (even though he knows I am strict low carb), "Well you must just be genetical predisposed against getting heart disease. Soldiers in the war in their 20's were examined when they died (because of the war) and even they were found to have calcium buildup in their heart. At the age of 42 with a calclium heart score of zero, you won't ever have to worry about heart disease."

I thought it was funny. Because I already knew I didn't need to worry about it because I was strict low carb since June 21, 2010 and will remain so for life. I also know that if I went back to high carb that I would have to worry about heart disease . . .

That was three months ago. I'm about to go back next week. I'm curious to see how my numbers look, because I was finally able to give up drinking heavy whipping cream. I wonder if my numbers will look more acceptable to him, but I'm glad that I have my calcium heart scan to remind him about.