View Single Post
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-18, 08:39

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hey Renee, great to hear from you and hope you and yours are doing well. Sorry about he snow, my prayer was answered Getting more sessions in this year than ever. I did injure myself last Saturday - got launched toeside and landed on my head (helmet) and left side at the same time. My left arm was tucked into my body/shoulder preparing for touchdown and I think my fist under my ribs cracked or bruised some ribs. Thought I broke my collar bone at first but after I laid in the snow for a minute and was able to breath again I could move my arm over my head so I kept going.

Luckily the injury doesn't affect kiting too much - that's mostly abs, legs and back. It hurts most if I don't move for a while. So I move. The day we got the big dump I had a 4 hour kite session on Lake Waconia. It was crazy, snowed the whole time. At times all I could see was white, my kite and my snowboard. eerie.

A little video of conditions at end of session and saying "F~#$ Crizzazy!"

http://downhaul.com/kites/180403mis...iaApril-web.mp4

A few days before near the same spot it was really interesting. Snow was hard and bout and inch and a half completely stuck to the ice so carving great long lines was sooooo fuuuuunnnn! Heading out today to see whatsup, not enough wind to kite yesterday.

And looking toward water season, the new SUP/Foil/Windsurf board is done. My friend is getting ready to put the deck pad in and ship. Should have it before the ice is off the water. Super timing!!

And, I think I mentioned elsewhere, that's I'm going to focus on some weight loss this month. Interesting to note that eating has been really good (going to do more ADF-ing t his month) but weight is up since injury. I suspect I'll see fairly rapid results after recovery. I'd like to see ~210 by EOM but I have little control of that outcome other than being mindful of WHAT and WHEN I eat. The new board is 139 Liters so there's not a lot of wiggle room to keep it floating with rig and wet/dry suit etc. In this case, lighter rider, earlier flying on the Hydrofoil.

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/daily.txt

KX=Ketonix, NC=Net Carb, LBS=English Pounds, Act=(Type-Intensity[1-10])

Date - Kx - Nc - Lbs - Act
0329 - 74 - 28 - 217 - Low
0330 - 63 - 00 - 219 - Low
0331 - 66 - 26 - 217 - KiteSnowboard-7 (rib slam injury)
0401 - 58 - 32 - 221 - KiteSnowboard-7
0402 - 50 - 17 - 224 - KiteSnowboard-7
0403 - 65 - 21 - 221 - KiteSnowboard-8
0404 - 60 - 00 - 224 - None
​0405 - 70 - 00 - 221 -