#22   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 05:10

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
Let's look at facts. How do you feel since you went low-carb, since you lost all that weight? Make a list of things that changed. I did, my list is impressively long. The fact that we don't quantify these things with exact numbers is irrelevant, we can feel things and it's real, it's facts. I doubt we can feel the difference between 1kg of visceral fat and 0.5kg of visceral fat, so why all the fuss? Even if we could feel that difference, it wouldn't be that obvious, so why all the fuss? Granted, that fat was obviously much larger before, but we shrank it with low-carb, right down to the minimum possible it can be, after it had grown permanently a bit of course. Think about it, we don't visit the doc when nothing's wrong, unless we believe the doc can somehow divine the future, he can't, let's not fool ourselves. We are the ones who know when something's wrong, we can feel it, it's real, it's facts. Somehow, at some point in time, somebody convinced us that what we feel is an illusion, and the only thing that's real is lab numbers. Really?

Well said. This is something I have been interested in for a long time, how did we get to this place in medicine where doctors pay such close attention to lab values and so little attention to symptoms? It leads to the absurdity of doctors dismissing patients with symptoms that have no corresponding "abnormal" lab values and treating patients who feel just fine because their lab values are not "normal", often making them sick in the process. Low carb works because I feel better. That's my starting point.

Jean