#11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-19, 11:51

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
Found this article in my bookmarks: explains the difference between simple CR and IF fairly well. The media need to see it

https://idmprogram.com/difference-c...ing-fasting-27/

TBH, my brain has been a bit closed off to the idea of IF. It all sounded like a cross between a 1970s housewife skipping lunch and magic juju from eating precisely at 2:57pm everyday because someone once had a woosh after they did that, so they know it works. In other words: It sounded like a bunch of B.S.

So, thank you for that link. After you posted it the other day I went to read it, mainly so I could understand what people were talking about, not because I thought it made any difference (yeah, okay, that's my version of open-minded ). And I spent half the day crawling through that website, looking up other links and reading.

I get it now! And it clicked with something I'd learned from Body for Life, which was to workout before breakfast, but I couldn't remember why. Based on that I'm going to:
  • eat dinner earlier (since I live alone, dinner time has occurred 'whenever' often late into the evening)
  • stop feeling guilty about not eating breakfast and eat my first meal of the day when I'm hungry
I might explore IF some more as I move along.

Thanks again for the link.