Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 06:59
Thank you Dr Atkins!

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 311/250/220 Male 6 feet
BF:45%/20%/15%
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss
Funny how I wanted to 'blame' all these various potentially 'stall-inducing' items in my diet - and yet, the truth was - at the time (having made a huge move to a new country, and so on), I wasn't actually following the diet properly. Sure, I was 'doing' low carb, but it was more a maintenance version, rather than a weight-loss version - if that makes sense.

Bingo. One of the problems people experience is called "carb creep". How many times have you said "oh this little dessert won't hurt" , "this one piece of ___ won't hurt", "this handful of peanuts won't hurt", and on and on and on.

Next thing you know - you're over the 50 grams of carbs per day - the point at which many of us gain or lose weight.

This year I don't crave desserts that much - but I have been craving chicken wings and quesadillas. There was one night I had quesadillas, then chicken wings the next night, and then quesadillas again the third night. On the fourth day I was like - "what is wrong with me?" - because I started feeling like crap again. It didn't take me long to figure it out.

I have no problem eating pork rinds. I do have a problem eating sugar alcohols and other "prepacked" low carb foods.

I can also eat all that I want - but I try to eat zero carbs. Granted I am not worried about some weight - like most of the women are. Because I am building muscle while burning fat.

I feel sorry for the women. They don't want to build muscle so they probably do have to worry about carbs and calories. I don't think that I could do that.