View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-19, 14:22

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I do stock when I can the grass-fed local Florida beef they carry at Publix. I figure I’m doing what’s good for my body as well as helping save the carbon footprint due to reduced transport costs.

The other day, however, I took my grandkids to Burger King. It’s right next door to “Doing Dishes” where the grandkids love to paint plates which then get fired in a kiln. Plus it has a great indoor playground, very nice during Florida summers.

Anyway my 10-year-old grandson wanted to try the Impossible Burger. I told him “ that’s the one that’s not actually meat you know”. He said he knew but wanted to try it anyway. And so he did and said it actually tasted pretty good. I asked him if I could have one bite and it actually was pretty tasty! But of course highly processed and pretty carby.

But my grandson kept going on about how it was more “healthy” than eating meat. His mom is a carnivore and they always have meat at dinner. Where does this come from? Are they teaching it at school? And my grandson loves steak and that’s what he requested for his birthday dinner last month.

But a FB relative just boasted proudly today that she’s been meat free for over a year now, and begging everyone to come join her to save the planet.