View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-20, 15:36

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I really relate to this, as this has been my approach over the past several years. My first rule: keep it simple. Don't get into exotic "keto" recipes, hey, we're eating whole nutritious foods, and I don't want to add complexity to my simple lifestyle. My second rule: don't sweat occasional deviations when certain family, friends or business situations come up and don't always mesh with my WOE. As I'm fat adapted, I can choose to eat or not, choose to eat certain things or not, and I never apologize for not trying dessert, particularly when those serving it know I'm low carb. I don't do sweets, period.
Quote:
Now, I only buy what I want to eat soon, and throwing out spoiled food has dwindled to almost nothing. Most amazing is that I am never bored. It never seems monotonous. One week it’s bacon cheeseburgers and right now I’m on a BBQ pork with coleslaw sprinkle spree.

Great advice, and this is exactly what I do. I was in my local Wegman's the other day, and thought about getting enough food for the coming week before I realized that I didn't know what I'd be eating within one day let alone over a whole week. So, I bought what I wanted for the next 24 hours. This way, I can make quick trips to good stores and buy what's fresh at a good price.

Excellent observations for making it all work.