Thread: Black Soy Beans
View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-18, 06:21

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I just made a can last night. Some chicken bouillon granules, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. I put them in a pan with all their liquid and cook them until almost all the liquid is gone, it makes for a plate-able dish that doesn't run juices all over and no need for a bowl. Adding some cumin takes them to a mexican-ish direction...putting them in the food processor makes that very much like refried beans.

I also make hummus with them.

I just got a whole new flat of them in yesterday.

I have to say, after all the discussion above, I still haven't found a way these numbers add up. Unless the seaweed listed on the ingredients somehow add all that fiber with no extra carbs (seaweed is usually mostly net carb neutral), I cant validate how these can be 1 gram net carbs per half cup. One of the reasons is, there is almost no nutritional information out there on black soy beans. These cans are the only thing I find out there for cooked black soy beans, the only other thing I found is a few results for dry black soy beans and those are higher in carbs...still way lower than almost any other bean, but not 1 gram net.

I have become skeptical, but haven't called the company, they will justify it I'm sure. I may call or email and see if I can get a copy of the lab results. But for now, at least if we assume the 8 grams is the net, these are still the lowest of most beans; only green, snap and mung means are lower.