View Single Post
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-17, 09:58

Plan: RNY (small portions)
Stats: 306/233/120 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 39%

I wish that would happen to me! I only feel bad when I eat sugar too late in the evening, and I get the classic diabetic warning signs of dry mouth and having to pee all night long.

DH took a whole 500 mg Niacin tablet at supper last night. I think he was curious. He had the pins and needles flushing effect. I told him the flushing was what a hot flash was like. lol

I have scaled down the Niacin to 250 mg at morning and again at night, basically half a tablet each time. It seems small but I'm concerned that more will cause spotting, and it IS many times the recommended daily allowance. I am sleeping better, and as for how my inflammation is doing, it's hard to tell because of my hard working causing soreness. I guess the fact that I have the energy for it is a step in the right direction. I'm still experiencing heart racing occasionally which is concerning, but I get that sometimes on nothing at all.

Oh, a gentleman at church was sharing about his SAD and how hard he's finding the dark, cold time of year and how he had been able to stave it off with vit. D but was not having as much success this year, and I told him about Niacin. Don't know if he'll try it out or not, though.