#5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-09, 04:01
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

Hi KT12

I'm under the care of a consultant in London and am on a rotating programme of antifungals. Candicarb (capsules of golden seal, turmeric, and other antifungal powders) alternated with GSE. I'm also on Ecologic, which is a strong probiotic, along with digestive and pancreatic enzymes.

Diet-wise, I'm following the Candida Diet in "The Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook" by Dr Zoltan Rona and Jeanne Marie Martin (2nd Edition). I'm on the very limited "treatment phase" of the diet, which is basically low carb, whole grains only, and dairy limited to probiotic natural yogurts. No sugar and only occasional sub-acid fruits for the moment too.

In addition to this, in the book it points out that Barley Grass Powder and other green drinks work really well to augment oxygen in the body and so I'm also using those fairly frequently. Overall, there have been improvements, but I'm noticing them more over time and they are slow because my candida was very advanced and systemic by the time I finally found out what it was that was causing the symptoms.

I've also found that raw garlic mid-meal work and I've been sweetening drinks with ground cloves mainly, since cloves are also anti-fungal. Hopefully I will be able to gradually expand the diet slightly after a few more weeks of treatment, but I doubt I'll ever be able to go back to a high carb diet again.