View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-21, 12:40

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 66%

It's great to have an ambitious goal, I really hope you make it! I hope you're aware that weight loss can be exhilaratingly quick with impressive losses in the beginning, and then it most definitely will slow down and almost creep along sometimes, so be ready for that and know that as long as you are being faithful to the diet and everything you need to do, it won't be your fault that it slows down, it's just your body. As you get closer to goal, you just can't lose as much as fast. Fact of life! So DO NOT let a weight loss slowdown discourage you, it's normal and it WILL happen.

I have learned over the last 20 years that one of the major factors in weight loss success is CONSISTENCY! Consistency with your eating is first—don't set yourself back with eating things not on the diet (bad binges can set you back a week or two sometimes). Consistency with any exercise you are doing. Consistency, consistency, consistency. Which is why I've always said, Consistency + Time = Success!

Hawaii is a fantastic goal. Picture yourself in all those nice, SMALLER, summer clothes that you feel great wearing again. Lose the weight (plus the fact that on Atkins you are ditching grains) and you'll be amazed at how good you will feel. Keep that vision of yourself in mind.