Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default And now it's vegan collagen.

And I have to ask myself, "WHY?"

In Vegan Collagen: What to Know , they answer my second question:

Quote:
Can Collagen Be Vegan?
Being a vegan means that you don’t eat anything that came from an animal, include meat, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy products, and even honey. Being a vegetarian is a less strict approach. And other people emphasize plant-based foods without necessarily becoming vegan or vegetarian.

Some scientists say that they’re able to genetically modify things like yeast and bacteria to create animal-free “vegan” collagen. Others are working on ways to bio-engineer it. But more research is needed on whether it delivers the same type of results as animal-based collagen products.

Let me guess: it doesn't deliver the same type of results. As vegan always seems to.

I've now got a reflexive angry word in my head every time I see the word "plant-based." I can't wait for it to go the way of "fat-free" and "green light for lots of sugar!" and other cons that bribe up some health excuse or other.

And while I'll never get over this one, the trial in South Africa revealed that it really is a global corporate conspiracy to kill us all. Eventually.

As a species, we need to figure out a way to divert this power for good
Sponsored Links