#55   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 08:47
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
when you cut out Artificial Sweeteners.. does that include Stevia and Opti-Sweet (made from kiwi?). They are supposed to be "natural sweeteners"... I don't think I could manage to cut out ALL sweeteners.

Well, a sweetener is a sweetener, no matter where it comes from. If you crave and are continually drawn to sweeteners, it could be a trouble area.

Usually sweeteners come in a vehicle - a dessert, a cake, a cookie, a bar - so it's not the sweeteners per se, but the over indugence in low-carb goodies that mimic high carb foods.

The insidious thing is you get lulled into thinking that it's OK because everything you're eating is low carb. True, but eating this stuff on a daily basis keeps you stuck in the "sweet trap". Then you have a sweetener addiction to deal with.

If you can have a sweet, say once a week, I don't see a problem. On a daily basis, yes, it could be a problem.

I think that very few people will have artificial sweeteners alone when they crave sweets. I've never heard of anyone eating a packege of Equal by itself.

Karen