View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-18, 23:12

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I was skinny to the point of scrawny as a kid - to the point where the pediatrician accused my mom of not feeding me properly! Yet we were one of those apparently anomalous 50s families that always had snacks around. My parents both had major sweet tooths and we never lacked for cookies, donuts, etc. But I stayed skinny! That is until I hit puberty! Suddenly, no changes in eating habits, I began to gain weight. Still, I was never skinny again but I was not seriously obese or anything. Just your classic American woman who wishes she could lose 20-25 pounds. I was still feeling fit and athletic and I ran, I skiied, I played racquetball. My weight popped up a bit when my son was born and I could NOT lose those last 20 extra pounds. I was breastfeeding as well. But I weaned my son shortly before his first birthday, and when I did those last 20 pounds vanished in less than two months. Again no changes in eating- just no more breastfeeding. However, when I was 30 years old I had a freak accident jumping over a fence, and I shredded my posterior cruciate ligament in the left knee, and needed major surgery. After the surgery I began to gain weight like crazy, and within a single year my body weight had doubled. That was 35 years ago and it’s been a struggle ever since.