View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 20:54

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

Thanks for the clarity Karen. I know you are right. Why is it being right is so difficult? When I asked the question about weight loss and health I was referring to sweetners. SP believes that all AS are bad for you. The exception seems to be something called Stevia. I am not familiar with this at all.

I have had mixed results on with this new way of eating. The first two weeks I lost 7 pounds. Lots of bloat I am sure. The third week I gained 4 back. Since I have not concentisiously cheated I have to look for other reasons. I suspect I am not eating enough. And the things I am eating have too many calories. I use almonds to get me through the really busy times until I can get to a salad or something. This is do to a very busy "hands on" business. When we are putting out fires (not literally) we don't have time to eat. The funny part is, I work with food. I am busy feeding everybody else. I guess I'm a little like the cobbler with no shoes.

I am experimenting with some vegetable substitutions. Tonite I tried garlic mashed turnips. Not too bad.

My biggest challenge will be at work. I bake fresh goodies all the time. So far I have been an angel. No sweets or sugar have passed through my lips since February 1. What seems to call me are breads. I have not yielded, but that is where my biggest weakness lies.
I know what you mean about making the decision to change my way of eating. I have made that decision. Sticking to it will be a challenge. I am trying very hard and I feel a like I will be successful. I am looking forward to a month down the road and then more.

Thanks for the feed back.