View Single Post
  #441   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-13, 04:20
Registered Member

Plan: SBD...some Atkins tips.
Stats: 184/156.6/140 Female 5'3"
BF:No clue
Progress: 62%

Hey there wonderful people. I was surfing the net for some gnummo Phase 2 recipes and I landed on a site named SBD Century Club Recipes. A site like many others created by wonderful people that take the time to share their joys and experience in Low carbs diets and foods. I was wonder if I can get some advice on this pizza recipe. There is no nutritional information along with the recipe, nor the serving size, and as you can see it says Phase 2...I want it realllyyy BAD!!! Ehm sorry...Had a craving moment there *grabs a celery stalk*. I'm not taking credit for this recipe at all, nor trying to steal it...Just wanting some input on Portion and is it really ok on phase 2? I was reading to reintroduce starch slowly ..like a 1/4 of a cup at time or less. Should I wait for Phase 3 instead? Pizza Crust
Printable Version

Phase: 2
Preheat Oven: 450
Cooking Time: 10 min

1 package Rapid Rise Yeast
1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1 t garlic salt
1 t Splenda
1 Tbs olive oil
2/3 cup of warm water

Favorite Toppings
4. oz tomato sauce (no sugar added)
Italian spices as desired
17 pieces of Hormel's Turkey Pepperoni (70% Fat Free)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese as desired
Use any veggies as desired...be sure they are dry

Mix dry ingredients well together in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil and cut into the flour mix. Add water to make a nice dough and knead a few times. Oil spray a small bowl and place the dough in it and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Set aside for about 20 minutes. I put mine in the microwave (and didn’t turn it on!) Oil spray a pizza pan and dump the dough onto it. Spray your hands and spread and stretch the dough to fit the pan with a slight turned up rim. You can use a food processor or your bread machine on manual to make the dough, but it is so easy I just use my hands.

At this point you can either bake the crust at ~ 450 degrees for about 10 minutes and save till later, or top with your favorite topping and bake on lowest rack of the oven for 15 minutes (I cooked it 20) or until cheese is melted and rim of crust is brown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Servings: One 12-14 inch crust
Submitted By: Gary