#13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-23, 09:03

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I've been watching the news for reaction on this and there isn't any. Which bothers me even more.

I've never felt comfortable with Weight Loss Surgery as a healing concept. It's like "treating" hyperactive children by tying them to chairs. They LOOK like what we want, now. Done!

Especially when they had to come up with variations since they are essentially performing drastic ulcer surgery because such patients lost weight. The blame should be in our industrialized diet, but it's getting pinned on Individual Choice. Like we have one.

But adults have trouble getting enough nutrition. And how can anyone eat right when they are constantly told the wrong things about food?

I agree, and I'm not on the fence about treating young people with either drugs or surgery, it's despicable and should be deemed the worst form of child abuse.

I bolded the last sentence in your post, WB, as this is the primary issue confronting humans today before we can address the root cause of the obesity, T2D, Metabolic syndrome, CVD, and cancer epidemics. Using drugs on young people was predictable once they became available; however, I have no confidence that this is a healthy approach due to the adverse events in the drug RCTs that never become public. There is no way to predict long term effects and sustained health in anyone who takes these drugs. In addition, while the human race lives in the era of the most costly, debilitating period in history of self-induced health issues, we fiddle with fixing the problem with drugs and surgery, continue to claim processed foods are healthy because the food manufacturers and "nutritionists" tell us so, and have nothing approaching the societal focus required to solve the problem. We are on our own here.