#154   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-14, 17:08

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Three of Dr Westman's star patients agree that they are less hungry all day if they skip breakfast and sometimes lunch too. Even if have only two eggs and butter, they will be more hungry for lunch than if just had coffee and cream in the morning, so generally now skip breakfast. Debbie, I am noticing the same on an eating day. Ate 2 eggs in butter with spinach early this morning, then had the munchies for a Flaxmeal muffin at 11am..and I could eat something more if I walked to the kitchen now.
I am actually pretty much the same about breakfast. Eating breakfast just seems to set me up for wanting to eat all day long. Dr. Fung's blog post at: http://intensivedietarymanagement.c...eak-fast-idm-1/ really resonates with me:
Quote:
You might think you need to eat first thing in the morning so your body has fuel to start the day, but the truth of the matter is you have leftover fuel stored inside of you. Over time it is precisely this excess fuel that becomes hazardous to your health.

So, breakfast is certainly an important meal but it does not need to be consumed as soon as you roll off the bed.
On my eating days I'm also doing much better if I postpone having my meal. I start my day with two cups of coffee with some cream and coconut oil (though now out of coconut oil for a couple weeks until I get home) but don't actually have a meal until about 11:30 AM.

So for my eating days so far it's been two meals a day - meal one about 11:30 AM, and meal two about 5:30 PM - and then my 24-hour fast.

I finished my latest fasting day at 6 PM tonight, and just had a nice dinner - the last of my reheated meat loaf (made with ground beef mixed with some spices, an egg, and some flax and chia meal), some reheated black beans, and stir-fried cabbage and mushroom. Very yummy and fiiling - now to my eating weekend, and then starting my fast again on Monday which should be easy as I'm starting my homeward bound trip on Monday so will be in the car much of the day - easy to avoid eating.

The rest of the week will need some adjusting as my schedule is:
Tuedsay another car day, arriving in NJ that night. Wednesday - normally a fasting day - will be spent visiting family and friends in NJ, so likely an eating day. Then Thursday will be another car day to NC - probably fasting. Friday and maybe Saturday will be spent vistiing family in NC, so probably eating days. Then either Saturday or Sunday I'll be on the road again - so fasting day.

I'll add one other thing - as a retiree on a somewhat limited budget these days the fasting days sure are good for my pocketbook and food budget!