#9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 00:15

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
I don't consider 30% carbs as low-carb, just lower-carb. I'm sure that those who support low-fat eating will say that 29% fat is not low-fat.

Exactly what I think too. I remember Ornish had the same complaint about the A-TO-Z experiment. Well, the Atkins group also didn't eat exactly like the book said. In spite of that, Atkins was best. So basically, it could be why this latest experiment doesn't declare LC the winnar, but I think there's something else involved here, like Teaser cited about the cost of the foods advised to eat for example. Atkins didn't do any of that. I could conclude that whatever Chris considers "healthy" low-carb, is less effective in fact, which puts doubt on the claim that it is in any way "healthy". It's as if Chris tried to stitch in his own beliefs about a proper diet (he's a self-acknowledged vegetarian) into an otherwise proper low-carb diet. And if this is true, then it confirms the idea that it's less effective (actually the idea is that it's harder, but it amounts to the same in the end) to do low-carb the vegetarian way. Or if we prefer, Atkins beats a Mediterranean diet (whatever that is).

In a sort of irony. It seems Chris actually learned something about low-carb with his A-TO-Z experiment, then applied this new knowledge to his own beliefs, i.e. eat less carbs or at least less refined carbs. And it seems to work pretty well since the HLF group did a bit better than in the previous experiment. On the other hand, he seems to have forgot why exactly low-carb works so well, since this time the HLC group did less well than it did before.