#13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-19, 09:19

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
I got to him saying that vaccinations and antibiotics are the two biggest blunders in the history of the world. I cannot get behind that.

Thanks, I hadn't delved into him yet. I agree: that's a dealbreaker for me, no matter how right he might be about other things.

There's this pervasive myth that people can "natural and organic" their way out of illness and dodge disease. Certainly, this incredible recent research on mitochondria tends to emphasis that here is an incredibly powerful body process we should tap into to help our health. That works much better than modern drugs for a wide array of conditions.

But many people only understand a super-simplified version of the science, and then apply it wrong. That's only a corner of the story, not the whole thing. I see this all the time in:
  • avoiding the white sugar for brown sugar
  • brown rice instead of white rice
  • hearthealthywholegrains
  • pointing out meat has hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides in it, and pivoting to plants, which have anti-nutrients, outright natural toxins, and much more of a pesticide load, especially wheat
  • believing that getting the full blown disease is "more natural" and thus better than getting the weakened version from a vaccination

I counter these people by pointing out that most of the history of civilization was marked by completely organic food, non-polluted air, and plenty of exercise in the sunshine; and yet, epidemics were a serious problem.