View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-20, 09:51
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I found some and bought it a week or two ago. It has a nice taste but it isn't very sweet. I added it to some strawberries and then ended up adding some splenda too. I also think it made my mouth a bit "dry" feeling afterward, but I haven't used enough of it to tell. I think combining it with another sweetener would help intensify the sweetness.

Quote:
However, there have to be SOME micro-organisms out there that can and do break down allulose molecules to release energy and return the carbon and oxygen in allulose to elemental form....otherwise, since allulose IS a naturally occurring molecule, over millennia it would eventually build up in the environment until it was no longer a "rare" molecule.

I don't think allulose is a molecule. It is a rare sugar only found in a few fruits, like figs. Figs don't somehow recycle allulose out of the environment, they manufacture it. Things like oxygen, water, sunlight, micro-organisms in the soil or water could, possibly, break down allulose into its molecular components.