#88   ^
Old Sun, Oct-04-20, 08:43

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Marty announced a new book to pre-order. If you want to shake up your thoughts on keto and fasting, the link explains how the offer is structured.

Quote:
BIG FAT KETO LIES
Table of Contents:
- A brief history of the low-carb and keto movements
- Keto Lie #1: ‘Optimal ketosis’ is a goal and more ketones are better
- Keto Lie #2: You have to be “in ketosis” to burn fat
- Keto Lie #3: You should eat more fat to burn more fat
- Keto Lie #4: Protein should be avoided because of gluconeogenesis
- Keto Lie #5: Fat is a 'free food' because it doesn’t elicit an insulin response
- Keto Lie #6: Nutrients don't matter. It’s all about insulin and avoiding carbs.
- Keto Lie #7: Fasting for longer is better
- Keto Lie #8: Insulin toxicity is enemy #1
- Keto Lie #9: Calories don’t count
- Keto Lie #11: You should “eat fat to satiety” to lose body fat
- Keto Lie #12: If in doubt, keep calm and keto on
Now available for pre-order.
https://www.bigfatketolies.com/big-fat-keto-lies.

I am particularly interested in #12

The truth with facts needs to be told. I have no objections to any of the lies listed, as these are things some of us have learned as we travel this journey. These are myths that sometimes make their ways into the mainstream due to people publishing their N=1 experiences AND some "experts" who tout fat consumption over everything else (bullet-proof coffee, anyone?) without checking the facts. While I'm a big proponent of what today is called the ketogenic diet based on how I've adapted it from personal experiences, my adaptation has been done over the years through trial and error. I'm aware that the mere term "ketogenic diet" is not that different from what is being called a "Mediterranean diet" or a "plant-based diet." There are no defining, factual health-based guidelines. I could eat pasta and tomato sauce all day, and I would be eating a Mediterranean and plant-based diet, but I would be back into an unhealthy, insulin-resistant state. I'm hoping in the book Marty can clarify what constitutes a healthy ketogenic approach by refuting the myths that tend to cloud our perceptions and encouraging the practices that lead to success.