Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%
Default The Number One Tool for Improving Your Health This Year

According to Dr. Georgia Ede:
Quote:
The Number One Tool for Improving Your Health this Year
Don't fly blind—this simple test provides priceless feedback for your journey.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...our-health-year

Everybody Needs Access to a Glucometer

—and I do mean everybody: extremely fit people, children, skinny people, people who have no health problems, people who feel great and have lots of energy, people who just went to the doctor five minutes ago and were told their blood sugar is normal and they don’t have any signs of diabetes—everybody.

Why? Because what you don’t know about your blood sugar levels can hurt you, and even kill you. This is no exaggeration. You could deteriorate slowly over decades and eventually die of Alzheimer’s disease, or you could literally drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow.

How do you protect yourself from doom and gloom? All you need is a glucometer and compatible test strips, and all you have to do is check your blood glucose one hour after meals.

Since I already have the BG meter and strips, I decided to begin to measure 1 hour postprandial. So far, I've gotten considerable insight into which foods spike my own BG. Naturally, they are my favorites. LOL I really love raw jicama sticks, but apparently they are too high in carbs for me (126 mg/dL 1 hour after eating them.) Canned chili also gave me high readings.

Most of the foods I regularly eat read less than 100 mg/dL 1 hour postprandial.

Anybody else doing this kind of experiment?
Sponsored Links