#151   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-18, 23:23

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

https://peterattiamd.com/tomseyfrie...KwHB-uKMfY2pFJM

Quote:
Thomas Seyfried, Ph.D.: Controversial discussion—cancer as a mitochondrial metabolic disease? (EP.30)

If you've already seen a dozen Seyfried interviews, this one is refreshing, Peter Attia asks some harder questions and gets a different interview than usual. Seyfried makes some points about cells in a petri dish versus how they behave in the human body, fairly good points. Cell behaviour depends largely on their environment. A sticking point for me in this area is the contention that protein intake has to be zero to stimulate autophagy, and even tiny levels of amino acids will switch it off. That observation is one based on cell monocultures. In cell monocultures, you can get environmental amino acid levels down below what they can get to in a living organism--resulting in superphysiological levels of autophagy. If somebody suggests that the amino acids in a cup of coffee may prevent autophagy initiation--they do not understand the relevant science. They just don't. Maybe I shouldn't be using Seyfried's contention here to tilt at my own personal windmill. I guess it's relevant since Seyfried also contends that periodic fasting might prevent initiation of cancer in the first place.
Sponsored Links