View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-08, 17:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/241/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks for the answers and encouragement.

Wow Mike that is an awesome comparison, I will gladly be heavier if I get smaller! I guess the alarming thing is my clothes are actually feeling tighter!

My arms are looking better and my face is looking thinner, I see my body smoothing but not diminishing. Pulling on my pants the other day and having them feel tighter around my thighs totally shook my resolve. I weighed 210.5 this morning and I just took my complete measurements and I see almost 2 inches off from where I was 6 months ago at the same weight (argh I wish I had taken my measurements when I started Induction Dec. 2, I never imagined I'd be having this trouble). I will continue on and take measurements in a week to see how I'm doing. Do you think 1 week is a reasonable time to give before checking my measures again and expecting to see reductions?

I'd like thoughts on my weight routine, here are more details: I do the same weight routine each session, I see some folks work different groups of muscles on different days of the week. For my weights I do:

lat pulldown (widegrip, behind head <- I think I am going to switch to front though, just read anterior is more effective)
seated bench press machine
shoulder press machine
leg press machine
pull up/chin up/dip station
back extension bench (no weights)
triceps extensions (dumbbell <- these have been great for the flabby wings on my arms)
bicep curls (dumbbell)
shoulder press (dumbbell)

I do the same routine to make it easy to remember but if I could get more benefit doing things differently I could modify (I must stick to MWF though). I am thinking about reducing my elliptical time after HIIT to a 5 minute warm down and using the rest of that time to do more legwork on the weight machines. What do you think?

Thanks!
Alane