View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 20:43

Plan: none
Stats: 126/125/124 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress:
Angry

OKAY! I would like everyone on this site to look up, RIGHT NOW, a few facts about diabetes. The most important being that THERE ARE SEVERAL TYPES. If I see ".....which leads to diabetes" one more time, I will look into my options for a lawsuit. I feel that realistically I suffer considerable emotional damage when people mistakenly lump diabetes, and diabetes, all into the type two group. There is also type 1, people! It's chronic, unlike gestational, which for that reason I will not bring up futher. I'm not getting cured, in other words. And it wasn't caused by eating unhealthy foods. Or being grossly obese. Or smiting the devil. Or anything that may have caused type 2. So don't just say diabetes and diabetics WHEN YOU ARE REFERING SOLEY TO TYPE TWO, because it hurts and undermines the rest of us. Please. Have pity on the poor misunderstood masses, here, and add in those two words "type two." And spread the word. The discrimination and misinterpretation needs to stop. We Type One diabetics are people, too.