#5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 20:54

Plan: modified Atkins/pregnant
Stats: 224/224/130 Female 5'3
BF:100%
Progress: 0%
Default Congratulations!

Mary,
I am also pregnant (25 weeks) I am starting to watch my carb intake. I have pretty much been eating whatever and I feel like my weight is rapidly increasing! I have gained about 15lbs, but I have read before that for overweight women, it is okay to gain only 15-20lbs versus the average 25-30lobs (of course, please check w/ your doctor if this is true!) My doctor has not said one word about my weight-which I appreciate. My blood pressure has been just fine which I think is something they monitor closely. My first pregnancy I gained over 60lbs, my bp went up at the end of the preg and I ended up being induced. I wish I had been watching my carbs then!

Often times people have serious food aversions during the first trimester...so I guess alot depends on how your body reacts to pregnancy to see what you can eat. Sometimes a saltine cracker is the only thing that sounds decent.

I am new to the board, but it seems there are alot really nice and knowledgable people here! Talk to your doctor to get all the info you need! And best of luck!