Old Wed, Jan-06-16, 20:53
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monika4
It may not be the gluten at all. Gluten is all the rave right now, but if (gluten-free!) oats give you the same or worse reaction, it means it is not likely gluten. There is new research suggesting that these reactions are triggered by certain carbs, not gluten (a protein).

Do research FODMAP - those are certain carbs in wheat, rye and oats, and a lot of more recent research out of Australia says they, not gluten, may be why "gluten free" diets work for some people without celiac disease.

If you can stand it, try gluten balls - pure gluten but none of the carbs

Thanks for the concern

I'll pass on the gluten balls thanks, I don't really have a need to eat gluten.

I'm very well aware of FODMAP having spent more than two years healing gut issues, including figuring out which FODMAPs I have a problem with, testing different foods etc.

I've gone from being able to eat only plain well cooked chicken and potato, to now being able to eat a good range of foods. This was accomplished with a comprehensive programme ( my own design) probiotics, digestive enzymes, other supplements and strict food restriction to allow my gut to heal.

In two and a half years I've gone from being hospitalised and seriously ill with gut issues on IV antibiotics (after getting progressively worse with gut pain, constant diarrhea - upwards of 20 times a day - and nausea), to no diarrhea at all, no nausea and no pain (apart from after testing garlic recently to see if my gut could now handle it - turns out very tiny amounts or infused is fine, but larger amounts are a no), and off of all gut related medications.

So yes, I'm aware of how complex and difficult gut issues are, and the patience that is required in healing the gut.

As you can probably tell, I'm really proud of being able to solve an issue that doctors had no clue about and were happy to just ignore as chronic.