View Single Post
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 17:21
Contributing Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 150/142/136 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:30%/26%/23%
Progress: 57%

Hi, Cleanheart! I love the story of the source of your screen name! Thanks for the welcome. Let me share a story: I was acting as the lay preacher for our church's turn to hold the Sunday afternoon service at a local nursing home. Partway through, this dear little old lady with the sweetest face beckoned me over and asked if she could offer a word of prayer. I said "Sure", whereupon she began to stand up. I looked around for a nurse or someone to be sure that it was ok for her to stand, but when it became apparent that she wasn't waiting I reached for her hand and held her a bit to support her. Then, she explained that at every meeting of her woman's group in another state they had always said this prayer. And she clearly and strongly recited the "Create in me a clean heart . . ." scripture. It was such a beautiful moment. I had recognized her when I came in when I had questioned her about how I might know her she told me she had run the cash register for years at the local grocery store where I shop. Then I remembered all the positive associations I had with her; she was one of those people who work with the public but always stayed patient and pleasant. A few months after the service where she prayed I saw her name in the obituary section of the paper, and all I could see was that sweet, gentle spirit entering the presence of the Most High. I've never heard that scripture since without it being even more special.

Oh, and I love your prayer for all of us on this thread! Blessings to all!