View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-21, 12:23

Plan: None, limit carbs, Omega6
Stats: 161/140/140 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Since taking ACV before meals, I've had less attacks of acid in the throat at night. (Strangely, I had one after a fast and didn't have one after a spicy curry with beers).

After researching further, I now think the underlying cause is a hiatal hernia. It seems like they are very common but are usually benign and go unnoticed. I completed the IQoro questionnaire and the result was highly probable (but they do have a very overpriced product to sell). It's also sore when I press my Xiphoid Process (bottom centre of the ribcage where the top of the stomach is). I've never had heartburn and I've had a very quiet and indistinct voice all my life and wonder if this is related.

It seems like surgery is not worth the risk so I'm going to try some mechanical methods that I've come across:

a) Using a football mouthguard as a cheap alternative to the IQoro - I've ordered the Vettex DoubleGuard.

b) Massage as directed by Erik Dalton.

c) The water and gravity method described in this video (if you can concentrate!) although I might try to find something more dense than water. This also contains a massage technique similar to Daltons but it's dynamic (involving the breath and bending over).

d) Yoga poses or other stretches - The Chair is the only one I've found so far that looks like it might help. (I had been doing several inverted poses as part of my morning routine which wouldn't have helped).

I've been home office working since the start of Covid and have been using a standing desk which should have helped. However, I've also noted that I have a habit of tensing my lower abdomen when standing thus increasing abdominal pressure.

The wife's against me raising the bed so sleeping downstairs on a raised settee will be a last resort.