#49   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 08:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default For triceps

which you probably know are the backs of your arms. Take a dumbbell, hold it in both hands from one side of the dumbbell. From a standing position lift it straight above your head with your arms extended, bend the elbows and lower it to behind your head. Keep your elbows pointed upward and close to your ears (don't let them flare outward away from your head).

Do about 12 of those, increase the weight and do 10 increase the weight again and do 8, increase the weight and do 6, then decrease the weight and do 12. You'll feel it. That pattern by the way is the Body for Life pattern 12,10,8,6,12,12 (the last 12 you work the same body part but do a different excercise). There are one minute rests between each set except the last 2. No rest between them.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html Here is a great website to show you how to do various excercises for different body parts. It has little animated pictures of people doing them so that you can get the form right. I think they do some of them a little fast, but it still helps show you how they are done.

You are right about eating a lot as a runner, I think he did say that too, that he could eat tremendous amounts of food because of the running, because his metabolism was high, but when he stopped running it didn't work so well.

The photos though were what was amazing to me. You really need to find that book and look at those four photos. His explanation too was more complete than what I've said here.