View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-21, 23:37

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Neu5gc might possibly be a problem for some sensitive people so it seems more scientific research on this would be good, but I also noted from the video that much of the evidence is from nutrition associational studies, which cannot prove cause/effect and are notorious for healthy user biases. Like the comparisons of healthy Adventists who strictly follow their vegetarian beliefs versus ones who don't and have poorer health. How might people who strictly follow their beliefs differ from those who don't in their habits and choices that affect health? Dr. Steven Gundry in his book a few years back (The Plant Paradox) expressed concern about Neu5gc to the extent of recommending avoidance of all protein sources containing it (so eat chicken, fish or plant proteins), however Dr. Paul Saladino in a video discussion with him considered the matter not one of such significance as to avoid the health benefits of red meat. Dr. Gundry did work many years with Loma Linda University and evidenced agreement in his book with the university's anti-meat philosophical influence. I tried out his diet for some time including avoidance of Neu5gc containing foods, but in my own case I saw no effect. I do, however, still continue to take Dr. Gundry's advice concerning avoidance of lectins which are high in some plant food sources.