Old Sun, May-13-12, 14:16
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannasmile
I have a couple questions. I have been dealing with PCOS almost my whole adult life. I wasn't officially diagnosed until I tried to have my son at 28y/o, but given my symptoms my doctor said I had probably had it since I was 16. The hair growth is horrible and makes me feel gross. Has anyone had any success with laser hair removal after weight loss? My other question is about skin tags. I also find them quite gross. Has anyone ever had them removed and what is the process? I need to lose the weight and then take care of all these things. My face used to be so nice and now I am dealing with facial hair, ingrown hair, acne scars. Whatever am I going to do???

I've had some laser hair removal and it was successful, though I had to stop after a few treatments due to finances - that was 4 or 5 years ago, and the effects from those few treatments are still evident (a little growback, but still better than it was). I hope to continue when finances improve, but I have the best hair and skin type - very dark thick hair and very pale skin, which looks horrendous but responds best to laser treatment. I found the treatment quite painful, but this was because I have very thick hairs, apparently, and you can use anasthetic gel.

Lee