View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-21, 08:46

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Important observations. As words gain popularity, the marketeers take notice. As products claiming to support a word are released, the word becomes more mainstream and is widely adopted. Once it becomes widely adopted via "food" products, the reaction becomes negative when people realize the "food" products don't work. Then, the word is no longer fashionable.

We can thank Dave Asprey (bulletproof) for leading the charge of keto marketing quickly followed by others producing high fat, unhealthy products claiming to be keto.

I still like the principles of keto, initially articulated by Volek and Phinney. I still like the principles of low carb. What's happened is that many are still following these as lifestyle approaches after having adjusted them to make them work. While I no longer chase or measure ketones, I fully subscribe to the health benefits of burning one's fat for energy. It works. So does low carb when approached with healthy protein and low carb vegetables. Both can be very powerful and helpful in correcting metabolic dysfunction.