#9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 13:57
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 250/236/140 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi All !
I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 months ago. My husband and I have been trying to concieve for the past yr now and no luck, plus I could not understand this weight gain and trouble taking it off. I went to 3 Drs till I finally was diagnosed properly. The first 2 Drs associated the weight gain and fertility problem with stress and depression. The one put me on Zoloft. Told me that this will also help with my weight gain.... WRONG!!!!!! I balloned up 25lbs within a month! I took myself off this wonder pill he prescribed and sought another consult. The Dr I last seen diagnosed me with PCOS after several testing. I have been on Glucophage xr since then and I am feeling so much better! I have lost 3 lbs so far on the medicine, and menstrual cycles are beging to be norm again! I have started the Atkins diet as well last week, and surprizingly just after these few days of LCing, I feel like I have more energy. I used to beat myself up before I was diagnosed, not knowing what was wrong with me, not being able to concieve anymore. I have children, so I knew it was not impossible, just did not know why it was not happening this time. I would sit in the house all the time, if I went outside or left the house twice in a month it was a miracle, and crying.. well, surprized my house was not flooded! I am doing so much better these days, now that I am being treated. Still no luck with the conception, but I look at it this way now. I know now why, and if it is Gods will for me to have another child it will happen.
Monique