Old Mon, Jun-20-11, 08:17

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gould
YEah this is more or less what i am doing
I am a bit scared to add extra carbs - i have been taking extra creams and stuff like you have been doing to up my fat. i am keeping a eye on my calorie intake. What sort of level of Cals are you eating just now. i am just eating about 900 - 1300 cals at the moment. i am at gym 3 times a week for a hour every time . burns about 600 cals. think the calorie intake i have just now is ok or needs increased?

That sounds pretty low to me, unless you are just teeny - but with that much working out, I would think you'd need far more calories. I was stalling, I think, because mine were too low. I am now somewhere around 1400/1500 ish? I'm not really tracking super duper well, because I don't feel like I have the time to dedicate to weighing every morsel and logging it all in somewhere. (I'm running a small hobby farm, raising and homeschooling a 5 year old, running a household, and my Hubby is home 4 days a week, so 'me time' is a bit premium.) So what I'm doing is counting carbs, making higher fat choices for my food like I explained above, and more or less guesstimating. I mean...I've been dieting in some form since I was..what...12 years old? I pretty much know what calories are in everything but furinture, know what I mean?

If your calories are too low, I think you end up with your metabolism dropping, but I'm no scientist. How do you feel? Are you tired, or do you feel like you have plenty of energy? Are you losing some over the course of, say, a month? Are you sleeping well, without dreaming of food? Do you get hungry or light-headed or anything? Ultimately, I think we can learn a lot from one another, but we have to listen to our bodies and figure out what works best for us. Happily, adding more fat to my intake is working just lovely for me. (I'm down 3 pounds in the past 5 days!)

Hope this is helpful,
-catinhat