View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-18, 16:47

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 210/178.2/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Thanks. I'm feeling a little better today. Doing all on plan induction foods. It makes sense that my cravings are much better. Not gone, but better. Took a walk today while listening to The Obesity Podcast. Feeling a little stronger.

I have a tendency to run to carbs when getting stressed. I found it soothing for many years. Or at least thats what I told myself. Gained lots of weight and felt terrible afterwards. I also used to binge before. Actually, I binge ate for nearly 20 years. That all stopped when I went low carb. Thats why I panicked. I don't want that life anymore. I like not thinking about food all the time. I just need to remember that part of my brain (carb addict) kicks in when stressed and I can't trust it. One carb treat leads to two, three and then I'm back to where I started. The carb monster may never go away.... But maybe if I only eat low carb induction level foods, when I'm really stressed, I can stay in control.

I'll also hang out much more on the foroum. This helps. You guys understand how tough this addiction is. Not many people do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
What works for me is to start with 3 days of nothing but meat/poultry/fish, fat, salt and water/tea/coffee. Getting the carbs completely out quickly clears the brainfog and cravings, and 3 days is easier to commit to. YMMV, but cheese & dairy stokes many peoples' cravings. Then move on to Atkins Induction or whatever worked for you in the past. I also found reading my old books, visiting LCHF websites and listening to podcasts is a good way to strengthen my resolve to stay on track.