#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-18, 13:34

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%
Default Not the start I'd hoped for, BUT

Started Monday.

Usually, for me, a successful start means handfuls of supplements, careful weighing & measuring, and a bunch of stuff on-hand.

(I know -- most folks advise against weighing daily. For me, I don't mind the bounces in the graph, I can watch the trend... but DOING it is part of the discipline: a symptom I'm taking care of myself. Letting that go can often be the first sign of depression -- depression encourages us to let things slide -- and thus a signal that things aren't going well, and I'm about to stop caring about my health.)

And lots of discussing it out loud with my family, so they don't make my life harder. ("Mom, why won't you eat the tuna-noodle casserole? I made it for YOU!")

Well, I had none of that.

Haven't figured out why my digital scale (that I LOVE) isn't working right. (No, it's not a battery issue.) So no weigh-in.

Don't even have a tape measure by my desk, for measurements.

Haven't popped a supplement, even though there's already ample evidence I have some minor nutritional deficiencies going on.

Haven't even really gone grocery shopping.

And yet...

I started.

I did eat off-plan ONCE, on Monday, when I ordered a bunch of chicken nuggets for my daughter and myself, on the way from Point A to Point B. (I needed FOOD, this was the only way we had time for it, and I couldn't stomach the thought of a burger.)

Monday & Tuesday I was hungry a lot. (I also didn't have much food.... I was too tired to cook, and nothing was ready. There were things I thought we had on hand that it turned out we didn't. So I just didn't eat.)

Wednesday, I was again eating on the run... I had wings, at a place that doesn't bread them. Then came home to my husband making me bacon cheeseburgers & cauli-cheese mash. (I'm about to go have a leftover one for lunch!)

I even went to the movies late last night... Popcorn... I just walked past.

So yeah... this is a bad start.

But it's a START.
Sponsored Links