Old Thu, Jun-19-08, 21:29
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
That is exactly how I look at it, only I see the incorporation of it as a way of living to be the evidence of motivation. Or, put differently, you hit a point that it is easier to lose weight than to live fat. Or, put even differently, I see the whole issue as being the Nike slogan: Just do it! I haven't seen a lot of successful people who did it any other way, whether it is weight loss or career achievement. If you aren't going to just do it you never do it.

Yup Liz....that was me....I had always been looking for my motivation and never found it. I just could not live being morbidly obese any longer....it was a "just do it" for me.

At first, it was scary time....would I make it, could I make it....but each day that I got through, helped me to feel like I would and could....it built on itself. Was I motivated? or was I just doing it.....shrug

I recall the last blackout we had here almost 5 yrs ago...before I lost the weight. I got very scared because I was forced to climb 14 flights of stairs several times and felt like I was having a heart attack. That and having been through 9/11.....I realized that my very life may just depend on my being able to escape. Fear of death can be a great motivator!!

I knew that I had to change permanently...that there would be no going back to the way I used to eat. I iwsh I could bottle this for others.