View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 04:46

Plan: Paleoish
Stats: 218/175/155 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hello all. Pardon me, I have been a member of this forum for a few weeks and only just discovered the fellow Aussie's! Sorry about that!

Weight Watchers huh!? I can tell you about them! I have been a member probably about 6 times!! The first time I went I lost a lot of weight but that was about 12 years ago. Looking back, I think the success of that program was because the carbs were limited. Then came along the fat and fibre diet where nothing worked because I was having lots of low fat muffins and low fat pasta sauces and baked potatoes (because they didn't have much fat but did have the fibre). Then came along the points and I don't think I lost more than 2 or 3 kilos on that program. The best way to have your points without going hungry was to stick the carbs. Obviously (well it is to me now) I was never going to lose weight on that because my carb intake was too high and my protein too low (meat cost too many points).

I also took a job as weigher at a meeting and got paid peanuts. I usually couldn't enjoy the meeting because I had to work and I don't think I lost anything the whole time I was doing the work. Since then, I haven't been back - and certainly don't intend to as I no longer believe in that way of life. I'm FREE!

Melberry