View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 07:46

Plan: Scharzbein principle
Stats: 187/187/147 Female 166cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

regarding eating out - you can eat out low carb anywhere I think!!! of course depending on the type of restaurants you are talking about.

In most ordinary/decent restaurants, all you have to do is ask for extra veg instead of the spuds. or order an extra portion of veg and leave the rice or spuds.
I quite like eating out now as I will have some chicken wings for starter now and then eat a nice piece of fish/steak/ chicken.

If you are talking about fast food - well I guess it doesn't work for low carb. If I am in MCDonalds with the nephews, I sometimes eat a burger and leave the bun. but usually I have organised something else for myself to eat later.

TSP is simply a wholefood diet. no low carbs shakes or whatever. just eating whole food, with plenty of veg, and some fruit. LOts and lots of water too.
I eat nuts, chicken fish, meat, eggs, ryvitas, hummus, cream cheese , a different variety of veg each week, salads for lunch always.

I am very organised and I always know what's for lunch the next day. I always have raw nuts at home for any bad moments and some bournville chocolate to tide me over a sugar craving.
I drink wine at the weekends but never beer or cider.
I exercise about 3/4 times a week.
A big thing is that I am mentally very geared towards succeeding with this eating plan. Also I can't eat anything processed anymore w/o getting cramps and diarrhoea so this really motivates me not to cheat!!!!!
I do cheat a small bit but only on a Sunday.

I think TSP is very healthy and sensible. It's not an instant solution and the weight won't just fall off, but it's coming along nicely.
Clo