View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-15, 19:02

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

I'm so glad you posted the link for TuitNutrit, JEY!! I've never heard of this blogger who really should be more famous. I've read books by Dr. Atkins, The Metabolic Typing Diet (fabulous resource), as well as Why We Get Fat. I skim through Mark's Daily Apple, but find that I don't know a lot of the jargon and I get so discouraged when I see dads dropping 40 pounds in a month after realizing their college football days are over, like Amy mentioned. I spent hours yesterday reading her 8 part series on insulin and cried. I'm probably hormonal and whatnot, but it just all made so much sense! I understand why I don't get those huge whooshes of weight loss the first month when I come back to Keto Land! I naturally consume 1100-1300 calories a day and very little protein. So when I rededicate myself to this WOE, my calories jump to 1600 or so, I usually start exercising (=soreness) AND I'm finally giving my body nourishment that it yearns to have...regularly. So, 3 pounds the first week, 1 pound the next, and up 2 pound the following week is NO reason to become discouraged! I wish more women out there knew this stuff. I'm 35 and I can't imagine how hard this journey would be for someone post menopausal. I hope I lose this weight, so that I don't have to find out! Serious respect goes out to women who are making progress during and after that hormonal nightmare.