#9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-19, 09:01

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
I think it depends on how far you look back.

Humans have been selectively breeding the sweetest and largest fruit for almost the entire history of agriculture.

This is an important point, as when you are fortunate enough to encounter berries growing in the wild, they are not even close in sweetness to what you can buy in a store. Wild blueberries in Maine and other parts of eastern New England are small, succulent, and very lightly sweet. Agriculture has changed all that and it started many years ago with selective breeding. We don't have store-bought fruits that even come close to a similar species in the wild. So, for a fair comparison, you'd have to go back many years. Not possible today. The danger with these observations refuting higher fructose content is that there are many people who will continue to over-consume fruit because they are continually told to for health improvement. Some people do fine, others, myself included, don't.

And yes, one apple would be my carb meal for the day. Not worth it due to the lack of satiety and essential nutrients.