View Single Post
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-19, 09:17

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I was inspired by Ken’s faster run time to give a fast a try. I have never done one because I was worried how it would effect my workout s. This week was a little different so it was either the perfect time to give it a try or not an accurate portrait. My last meal was a later one on Thursday night about 7 pm. I had my training session with Dan on Thursday instead of Friday. I did a Functional workout on Friday morning. 241 MEPS 640 Calories burned. Exact same MEPs as Thurs (241), but 60 less calories burned (700 on Thursday). Workout was a bit less intense. I felt fine. Continued through to Saturday morning. Skated from 7-8 am for 154 MEPs, 472 calories. I had a couple dizzy moments on ice but I think those were from the barrel rolls we were doing (moving spin). Everyone was a bit dizzy from those. I broke the fast at 9 am with an egg + sausage. 38 hours all told.

I am pretty happy with the results. I don’t think I experienced either a lack of performance or a noticeable up tick in performance. I was pretty happy with the effect on my weight and mind set. I have been “stuck” around the same weight for months. Saturday am I was down 2 lbs. Not expecting too much. Down another 2 on Sunday am and am still 4 pounds down as of this morning.

Probably the best thing was the shift in mindset. Even after the fast, if I was tempted to eat something between meals, there was a mental shift...like I was still in fasting mode.It was easier to dismiss false hunger.

I am going to try it again this week. Maybe Weds night through Friday am after my training with Dan.